Friday, July 31, 2009

Pirates, Vick, and the Steelers

The new and improved Pittsburgh Pirates improved to 1-0 following the dismantling of the team. Please be sure to put an asterisk next to this new record as it was against the abyssmal Washington Nationals who are most likely the only team the Pirates could beat on a regular basis.

Hey Sean Burnett? How do you feel now about your laughingstock comments. Feels good to play for a winner I bet, oh wait...

Lastings Milledge went 2 for 4 with 2 RBI in his Pirates debut. Pretty impressive. Steve Pearce hit a homerun. Ross Ohlendorf had another solid outing for the Pirates and ran his record to 9-8.

Again please curb the enthusiasm as this was inferior competition.

Moving onto a lovely rumor I heard. Several sources I have been told are reliable spotted Michael Vick over near the Steeler's offices on the South Side. So unless he chose a new location for his dogfighting, this might mean the Steelers are looking into acquiring him.

I have to be honest, I really don't know that I want him playing for my team. He will be a distraction on this team and with the Roethlisberger sexual assault situation, do we REALLY need another distraction?

Not to mention where is he going to play? You already have Ben entrenched as the starter, Charlie Batch signed fairly cheap as a backup, and I like the upside of our third stringer Dennis Dixon. So unless Vick is coming here to play a "Slash" type role, then he doesn't belong in the Black and Gold.

Speaking of the Black and Gold, they reported for training camp today. It's official. We can start to forget about the Pirates completely now. After all, the trade deadline is over and god knows that's the only time the Pirates generate headlines other than signing kids from India that win a reality contest.

I am looking forward to Football season, as it is by far my favorite sport. I think the Steelers have a really good shot at defending their crown. The trick is to stay healthy like they did for the most part last year, and just let the defense do it's thing.

I probably won't be posting for a few days as my wife and I are moving into our new apartment. So until next time! Have a great day.

No comments: