Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Don't feel like talking about the Pirates...

I don't feel like talking yet again about who may or may not be traded as soon as tonight for the Pirates. So let's instead talk about the trade I made in my keeper fantasy baseball league.

Most years as the deadline approaches..I tend to trade away my best players for multiple players to try and position myself for a championship run.

This year however I decided to take a slightly different approach. So tonight I pitched an offer to my biggest rival which would send Aramis Ramirez, Orlando Hudson, Matt Cain and Ricky Nolasco to him for David Wright and Justin Verlander.

Given as I was trying to find ways to drop guys to get some of my pitchers off the DL when they come back. It frees up some roster spaces, as well as boost my overall keeper core.

If the trade does not get vetoed, and there's no logical reason to think it will, then these would likely be the players I consider keeping for next year.

Victor Martinez - C
Brian Roberts - 2B
Jimmy Rollins - SS
David Wright - 3B
Jacoby Ellsbury - CF
Justin Verlander - SP
Joe Nathan/Heath Bell/Jonathan Broxton - RP (Pick one...)

I also have Kendry Morales, Adam Lind, Andrew McCutchen, Michael Bourn, and Josh Willingham all worthy of considering long term.

Should be interesting to see what I can pull off as the deadline approaches. Maybe try to whittle down the keeper core to an elite 7.

Go Steel City Sidewinders!!!

No comments: