Monday, July 13, 2009

1250 ESPN's Top Fan 2

Hello all, for those who may not have heard, I have started my quest to be named the second annual "Top Fan" at 1250 ESPN in Pittsburgh. The winner gets to work on-air for the station and this would definitely serve as an excellent starting block to my budding career as a broadcaster.

I came up short, literally, in my attempts to win last year's contest, but a year older and a year wiser I feel I have made significant strides towards winning the title this year.

So far I have been to all three of the qualifiers which have been held at Smokey Bones in Cranberry, Duffy's Pop and Beer Outlet in Pleasant Hills, and Flynn's Tire in Carnegie.

I've covered the Pirates, Soccer, and the Penguins. Tomorrow is the last qualifier for the contest and it will be at the Rivertowne Pour House in Monroeville. I'm thinking I'll probably end up ranting about the Steelers, since I've covered all the other pro teams so far.

Been getting some good feedback from people who have heard my rants, plus Chris Mack from the station called me while he was covering GameDay for Joe Starkey this past Saturday and we had a chat on-air about what happened last year and he gave me a shot to redeem myself for coming up short and I am pleased to announce I did not fail this time around.

The semi-finalists are announced on Wednesday July 15th, and the Semi's will be at Carnivore's in Oakmont at 6 PM.

Stay posted to my Facebook for the absolute latest updates, or drop me a line at dominicerrico@hotmail.com.

Thanks!
-- Dom

No comments: