Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Tino Sunseri says he played his best game yet

What does it say when your starting quarterback thinks he played his best game yet after throwing two interceptions, and fumbling twice (losing one)?

I think it says a lot about how disconnected Tino Sunseri is from real life.  I'm sorry but if I was a key contributor to my team's epic meltdown, I am not going before the media and saying it was my best game so far. 

Where does that set the bar if he thinks that way?  What does that tell the team?  "Sorry guys, but three turnovers is my BEST effort!"

Really?

Todd Graham continues to stick by this guy but given his reluctance to slow the tempo down with a huge lead, I'm still not convinced how rooted in reality HE is either.

Granted, I'll say the offense showed some explosiveness in getting to a 24-3 lead, but when Sunseri specifically said best GAME yet, he is wrong on so many levels.

Pitt fans are obviously frustrated with Sunseri's play through three games, and asinine statements like this to the media are only adding to the disgust.

This week's game against equally turnover prone Notre Dame should be his last chance to have his best game yet.  Maybe this time he'll limit himself to only two turnovers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm willing to bet Tino is still the starter chiefly because of two people: his father and Benjamin Franklin.

In the bigger picture, though, he's the most experienced QB Graham has, and that's probably it. I just don't think he fits this team. But that can be said for a lot of Pitt's players, which is why Graham does deserve criticism, but does not deserve all-encompassing judgment until all the players Dave Wannstedt recruited are gone, and it truly becomes his team.

If I had my druthers, Anderson would see at least a couple snaps on Saturday.

The Voice said...

You recruit these players, even backups, because they have talent. When the incumbent is struggling mightily, Why not go to your future?

Just my feeling about it.