Sunday, May 1, 2011

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I know this is a sports blog, but the news breaking tonight that Osama Bin Laden is dead is simply incredible.

I remember the absolute horror and emptiness I felt on 9-11-01 as I watched the footage of airplanes crashing into the World Trade Center, and the subsequent collapse of the twin towers.

I remember the fear I felt when I heard one of the wayward planes was flying over Pennsylvania.  It was a day no one who lived through it will ever forget.

When they interrupted the TV show my wife and I were watching, we both kind of said, "This better be good...."

Not only is the news good but it is absolutely amazing. 

I am so proud of my country for finally ending this man's reign of terror.  I am so proud of the troops who finally brought justice to all of the innocent lives that were lost on that fateful day as a result of Bin Laden's insidious plot.

The world is a safer place tonight....

No comments: