Thursday, September 9, 2010

College Football/Vinnie Richichi the moron.

I heard Vinnie Richichi, the world's dumbest radio talk show host, say that he felt College Football players weren't compensated enough for what they do.

What world does this moron live in? Many college football players are given full ride scholarships to some of the strongest academic schools in the country.

A Non PA resident going to Penn State this year would pay $27,000 in tuition for the fall and spring semesters combined. These guys are getting tuition PLUS room and board for FREE!! And this is for a public university. A lot of other schools charge even more for tuition.

To me college football is like an internship/audition for the professional/NFL level. When I went to CSB School of broadcasting and it came time to do an internship, I had to choose one that was 2 hours away from where I live, and it was unpaid. Sometimes these are the sacrifices you have to make to try and get your big break.

These guys get free housing and free transportation to all their games, have access to top quality training facilities and medical care, and they get to work with some of the best coaches in the country. Oh and did I mention they are getting paid all of this to PLAY A GAME!

The best part is that Vinnie couldn't understand why more people weren't on board with his dumb way of thinking. He only serves to remind me on a daily basis why I switch over and listen to Stan and Guy as long as the 1250 ESPN signal holds up.

I'm sure 93.7 The Fan is happy with their investment in a buffoon who can't even pronounce half the player's names right. Remind me again who Lance Milledge is? I know a Lastings Milledge plays for the Pirates...but no Lance.

No comments: